Just in case you are wondering what I've been doing since you submitted your inventories and exhibit materials last Wednesday, here is the answer: prepping materials for printing and mounting. By the time I left campus on Friday night, I had reformatted a total of 91 images for printing on glossy and plain paper. Yes, that is correct--ninety one images.
Several photographs (Brian, your basket caps, in particular) were not of high enough resolution to use (one was 1" x 2"). But, I'm thinking they won't be missed. We have plenty of photographs and historical documents for visitors to look at. The bad news? All those images must now be mounted on foam core and trimmed. I've got that work station set up by the Museum's front door (for ventilation, otherwise we'll basically be huffing spraymount 24/7 for 4 days). To help out with fabrication, stop by (9:30 a.m. on) Monday, Tuesday (til 3:30), Wednesday morning (our class will meet in the museum this week), and Thursday.* FYI, I would love to have a couple volunteers move 2 coffin cases down from the 4th floor this week. I have furniture dollies you can use.
Right now, I am busy editing and reformatting text panels and label copy. I have finished with Team 1's text and will now jump to the materials for Teams 3 and 4. Team 2 has so many docs and images, that I'm not sure how to size their text (and hope I did a good job sizing the images), but will work with Stacey and Carrie who are coming in on M/T and T/W, respectively.
Meanwhile, Michele has finished the flyer, and I've uploaded that to SacCT so that you can print copies on your own (she'll bring the postcards to class). Once the images and documents needed for the exhibit are all printed, I'll have a few tabloid size posters printed up for the gallery door and campus hallways.
Nessa and Alexis have ordered the reception food. Thanks to them both, and to the SAS membership-at-large, for sponsoring the "feast." Many thanks to Mel and Cristi for help with printing. Their names need to go on the 'acknowledgments panel.'
*FYI, I am furloughed on Friday--then we have Spring Break, and I'm furloughed again on the Monday and Tuesday before the show opens on Wednesday, April 7. Sooo, I want to get as much done as possible before Thursday, otherwise I'll be in during Spring Break finishing up whatever we don't complete.

Thanks for all your hard work Dr. C. I will be in and out tomorrow, Wed & Thurs to help out. I can come up on Fri if needed too but I'd have to bring the baby. I won't be able to help during the break because I will be on Dr. Delacorte's trip. See you tomorrow about 1:15 pm.
ReplyDeleteHave fun on your trip next week. I am furloughed on Friday (so no need to come in with daughter in tow). But, thanks for showing up on the other days. Things are shaping up pretty well.
ReplyDeleteI will be by today, tomorrow and thursday for as long as I can take time from m work schedule... and if need be I can definitely help get those coffin cases down... see you throughout the week...
ReplyDeleteI thought I posted a comment on here, but I must not have hit "Post Comment." I work until noon during the vacation, but I'm available after that. Also, will we have fliers w/ stamps for free parking?
ReplyDeleteYou have done so much work! I could have given you several of the photographs... I didn't realize you needed them for the wall panels. Sorry for the extra work you did.
ReplyDelete