I didn't have my camera yesterday, but wanted a picture of Michele's setup. My iPhone image is really out of focus, her photos--on the otherhand--will be fantastic.
I thought I'd join you guys in updating lab hours and also remind you that I will be in the museum from 11-3 today in case you need to stop by (I do know Team 2 is meeting there today). Yesterday, I met with Team 4 at 11:45 (except Nessa, who met with me last Friday) and winnowed their ambitions down substantially (but I think on the visitor side--and definitely on the interpretive text-writing and fabrication side, their project is more neatly and didactically bounded, and therefore do-able by the deadline). They had lots of great ideas, and can distribute more NAGPRA information through a flyer visitors can take away.
Around 1:30 pm, Michele arrived--with tripods and mounts and special lenses, galore--to photograph the Cotton Collection. She worked for hours and hours; we finally left campus around 6:50 pm. She was able to get all the photos necessary for the postcard, but will have to come back to complete the entire collection. It was fascinating to watch her work. I was seriously out of my depth, as she tried to explain to me what was going on with this or that sweep, strobe, boom, meter, etc. I cannot thank her enough for doing for us, for free, what she does for a professional living. If you know someone who needs a photographer, please recommend her. A few years back, she also photographed another Anthropology Museum exhibit, installed by (then) grad student, Jena Peterson. Okay, all for now. I've got to get myself to campus.

No comments:
Post a Comment